Tuesday, February 28, 2017

Student Testimony - Cassie


She is clothed with strength and dignity; she can laugh at the days to come. and faithful instruction is on her tongue. She speaks with wisdom, (Proverbs 31:25-26)

My mom has always been an important figure in my life. As I am getting older, I  am learning to become a woman of God. I was lucky enough to have such an incredible role model for my life.

Being homeschooled, my mother has literally taught me almost everything I know, from Geometry to using a table saw. But as my mom, she has also taught me about the most important part of my life today: God. She has also  been an example of what it should be like to follow Him.

My mom is one of the strongest people I know. (I don't mean physically, but also, have you seen her arms??) She taught me the importance of dedication. Whenever something gets difficult, it doesn't mean you give up. It's a test of strength. My mom has shown me that hardships can be used as opportunities to grow and come out of it stronger than before.

One important role of women is selflessness. My mom's selflessness is evident in her life. She works tirelessly all day, from teaching to household projects to taking classes towards a master's degree. She does all these things to make a good home for our family, and I admire her for it. She expresses her love through her actions, and I hope to be able to show my love in the same way.

Although she isn't perfect, my mom has shown me what it's like to be a true woman of God. I couldn't ask Him for a better picture to model my life after.





Cassie is a sophomore student who is involved in SURGE Student Ministries. She has been involved in Dare2Serve trips and other service and ministry opportunities.

No comments:

Post a Comment